Information on Privacy YNAP
Welcome to the www.marni.com website (the Site), powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP (YOOX NET-A-PORTER).
Your privacy and the security of your personal data is very important to YOOX NET-A-PORTER. That's why we use the utmost care and adopt specific measures to protect your security when we collect and manage your personal data.
Who is the Controller?
Below is the main information on the processing of your personal data carried out by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A., with headquarters at via Morimondo, 17 – Milano 20143, Italy, Tax Code and VAT no. 02050461207 (YOOX NET-A-PORTER), as Data Controller.
For any clarification, request or requirement related to your privacy and to the processing of your personal data, you may contact us at any time by sending a request to our Customer Care or by writing to the address of the registered office of YOOX NET-A-PORTER.
If you wish, you may also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), by writing to the aforementioned address, or by sending an email to DPO@ynap.com.
What data do we process and why?
The personal data that YOOX NET-A-PORTER manages are those that you provide when you complete an order and purchase goods, and those that we collect while you browse or when you use the services offered on www.marni.com. YOOX NET-A-PORTER can then collect data about you, such as personal data including name and surname, shipping address and billing address, browsing data and your purchase habits.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- Conclude and execute the purchase contract for goods offered on www.marni.com;
- Allow registration to the site and use of services reserved for registered users;
- Manage your requests forwarded to our Customer Care.
In the aforementioned cases, the processing of your personal data is legitimate as it is necessary to execute an agreement with you or to provide you with the service you have specifically requested. We also conduct statistical surveys and analyses with data in aggregate form to understand how users interact and use the site, to improve our offer and our services.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data is processed by the duly trained personnel of our company and others belonging to the Group and, for organisational and functional needs related to the provision of services on www.marni.com, by our suppliers. The latter have been evaluated and chosen by YOOX NET-A-PORTER for their proven reliability and competence. Some of these subjects may also be based in non-EU countries and, in these cases, the transfer of your personal data in these countries is carried out in compliance with the guarantees established by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time depending on the purpose for which it was collected, at the end of which your personal data will be deleted or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way. The retention period is different depending on the purpose of the processing: for example, the data collected during the purchase of goods on www.marni.com are processed until the conclusion of all administrative and accounting formalities, so they are filed in accordance with tax legislation local (ten years).
What are your rights?
At any time, depending on the specific processing, you can: withdraw consent to the processing, know which of your personal data we have in our possession, its origin and how it is used, request the update, correction or integration as well, in the cases provided for by the current provisions, the erasure, the limitation of processing or oppose their processing. If you wish, you can request to receive personal data held by YOOX NET-A-PORTER that concern you in a format readable by electronic devices and, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out illegitimately, you can file a complaint with one of the supervisory authorities responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection. In Italy, the complaint can be presented to the Italian Data Protection Authority.
This information may be subject to changes and additions over time, so we ask that you periodically check the contents. Where possible, we will try to inform you promptly of any changes made.
1. General Information
Who is the Data Controller?
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A. with headquarters at via Morimondo, 17 – Milano 20143, Italy, Tax Code and VAT no. 02050461207 (YOOX NET-A-PORTER) is the Data Controller, that is, the subject which decides how and why to process your personal data.
You can always contact YOOX NET-A-PORTER by writing to the above address or by contacting our Customer Care.
Who is the Data Protection Officer?
YOOX NET-A-PORTER has appointed a Data Protection Officer.
If you wish, you can contact the Data Protection Officer ('DPO') of YOOX NET-A-PORTER for any request regarding the protection of your personal data and the exercise of your rights, at the address listed above, writing to our Customer Care or via email at the addressDPO@ynap.com.
2. What personal data do we collect?
The categories of personal data that YOOX NET-A-PORTER collects and processes when you browse or purchase on www.marni.com, are as follows:
- Personal data necessary to conclude and execute your purchase on www.marni.com such as name and surname, sex, date of birth, email address, shipping address, billing address, telephone number and payment details;
- The personal data you provide when you contact our Customer Care to provide the assistance requested;
- Data used for the eventual processing of the right of withdrawal, returns and refunds, legal guarantee, as well as delivery and return services at MARNI GROUP stores;
- Information about your browsing on www.marni.com, such as the pages you visit and how you interact with the single page. We save this information on our servers.
We inform you that YOOX NET-A-PORTER does not process personal data relating to minors. If you access the www.marni.com and use the services offered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER you declare that you are of legal age.
3. How do we use the personal data collected?
YOOX NET-A-PORTER collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Conclusion and execution of the purchase agreement for the products offered on www.marni.com. When you complete your purchase, we ask you for the personal data necessary for the execution of the agreement, such as payment, anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit or debit card, billing, shipping of the product and possible management of the return.
- Registration on the site and use of the services offered to registered users. Registration on the site is possible through the provision of some personal information, necessary to ensure your identification and the performance of the services offered to registered users.
- Management of requests to Customer Care, which uses the personal data you provide to meet your requests for information and requests for assistance.
- Statistical analysis and surveys. We use some information about your use of the site, your browsing and use of the related services to perform analysis and statistical surveys in order to improve our offer and our services.
In relation to all the activities mentioned above, we will process your personal data mainly through IT and electronic tools; the tools we use guarantee high safety standards, in full compliance with current legislation.
4. My Account
When creating your My Account, YOOX NET-A-PORTER offers you the opportunity to use the following services:
- My profile: manage your personal data and your consent
- My orders: follow the shipment and check the history of your orders
- My cards: save your credit card details to quickly complete your purchases
- Address Book: save all your addresses to quickly complete your purchases
- Wish List: create your wish list: you can save up to 50 items, be notified of their availability and add them to the Shopping Bag at any time.
To ensure that the information in our possession is correct and allow us to perform the activities described above, we invite you to access the 'My profile' section of your My Account and, if you deem it necessary, to update them.
5. Legal basis of the processing
We only process your personal data in the presence of one of the legal requirements established by current legislation, and specifically:
a) For the conclusion and execution of an agreement of which you are a part.
When we process your data for the conclusion of the purchase agreement of which you are a part, we ensure that we only use the minimum information necessary for the execution of this. This basis legitimises the processing of personal data that takes place in the following activities:
- Conclusion and execution of a purchase agreement for the products offered on www.marni.com;
- Registration on the site and use of services reserved for registered users;
- Provision of services offered on www.marni.com;
- Management of your requests by our Customer Care;
- Delivery and return services at MARNI GROUP stores.
The provision of your personal data for these activities is a contractual obligation. You are free to communicate your data or not, but in the absence of the requested data, it will not be possible to conclude or execute the agreement and your requests. This means that you will not be able to purchase products and you will not be able to use the YOOX NET-A-PORTER services and that YOOX NET-A-PORTER will not be able to handle your requests.
b) To comply with a legal obligation.
In the event of conclusion of an agreement for the purchase of goods on www.marni.com, the processing of the user's data will take place in order to fulfil the legal obligations to which YOOX NET-A-PORTER complies with. You are free to decide whether to conclude an agreement and whether or not to disclose your data, but if you conclude it, your data will be necessary and will be processed to effect the aforementioned legal obligations of YOOX NET-A-PORTER.
c) For our legitimate interest.
If you purchase products on www.marni.com by credit or debit card, some of your personal data may be processed to carry out anti-fraud activities: we have a legitimate interest in carrying out this activity to prevent and pursue any fraudulent activity. For internal administrative purposes, data may be processed by companies belonging to the business group to which YOOX NET-A-PORTER belongs.
6. Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by YOOX NET-A-PORTER internal staff who are specifically trained and authorised to process it. In carrying out the processing, the data may also be transmitted to companies belonging to the business group to which YOOX NET-A-PORTER belongs.
Your personal data will also be transmitted to third parties that we use to provide our services on www.marni.com; these providers and/or commercial partners have been adequately selected and offer a guarantee of compliance with the rules on the processing of personal data. These subjects have been designated as responsible for the processing and carry out their activities according to the instructions given by the Data Controller, their activity as "data processors" (therefore under the direct authority of the Data Controller: for example, internet providers, companies specialised in IT and telematic services, customer service companies) or as "autonomous data controllers" (for example, couriers and forwarding agents, bank operators, professionals or legal or tax consultancy and assistance companies).
Your data may be transmitted to police and judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the detection and prosecution of crimes, the prevention and protection from threats to public security, to allow YOOX NET-A-PORTER to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
7. Transfer of extra-EU data
Some of the third parties listed in the previous paragraph 'Who will process your data?' may be located in countries outside the European Union that nevertheless offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/provvedimenti-normativa/normativa/normativa-comunitaria-e-intenazionale/trasferimento-dei-dati-verso-paesi-terzi#1).
The transfer of your personal data to countries that do not belong to the European Union and that do not ensure adequate levels of protection will be performed only after conclusion between YOOX NET-A-PORTER and said subjects of specific agreements, containing safeguard clauses and appropriate guarantees for the protection of your personal data which are so-called "standard contractual clauses", also approved by the European Commission, or if the transfer is necessary for the conclusion and execution of an agreement between you and YOOX NET-A-PORTER (for the purchase of goods offered on our site, for registration on the website or the use of services on the website) or for the management of your requests.
8. How long do we keep the data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time, different depending on the type of activity that involves the processing of your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way.
Your personal data is stored in compliance with the terms and criteria specified below:
- Data collected to conclude and execute agreements for the purchase of goods on www.marni.com: until the completion of administrative and accounting formalities. The billing data will be kept for ten years from the billing date;
- Data of the registered user: the data will be stored until you request the erasure of your My Account account;
- Data relating to the payment: up to the certification of the payment and the conclusion of the related administrative and accounting formalities resulting from the expiration of the right of withdrawal and the terms applied for the contestation of the payment;
- Data collected in the context of the use of services offered on www.marni.com: this data is retained until the termination of service or request for erasure of the subscription to the service by the user;
- Data of the registered user: the data will be stored until you request the erasure of your account;
- Data related to user requests to our Customer Care: the data useful to assisting you will be kept until your request is met and no later than six months after the request itself;
In any case, for technical reasons, the termination of the processing and the subsequent erasure or irreversible anonymisation of the related personal data will be final within thirty days of the terms indicated above.
9. Your rights
You can exercise your rights with reference to the specific processing of your personal data by YOOX NET-A-PORTER at any time. Find below their general description and how to exercise them.
- Access your data and modify it: you have the right to access your personal data and to request that it be corrected, modified or integrated with other information. If you wish, we will provide you with a copy of your data in our possession.
- Oppose the processing of your data: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data made on the basis of our legitimate interest, explaining the reasons that justify your request; before accepting it, YOOX NET-A-PORTER will have to evaluate the reasons for your request.
- Delete your data: you may request the erasure of your personal data in the cases provided for by current legislation. Once your request has been received and examined and if it is legitimate, it will be our duty to cease to process your personal data and to delete it in timely manner.
- Request that the processing of your personal data be temporarily limited: in this case, YOOX NET-A-PORTER will continue to hold your personal data but will not process it, unless it is subject to your different request and the exceptions established by law. Processing of your personal data can be limited when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, when the processing is illegal but you oppose the erasure of your data, when we no longer need your personal data but you need to exercise a right in court and when you oppose your processing, in the period in which we evaluate the reasons for your request.
- Request your data or transfer it to a party other than YOOX NET-A-PORTER (right to data portability). You can ask to receive your data that we process based on your consent or on the basis of an agreement with you in a standard format. If you wish, where technically possible and at your request, we may transfer your data directly to a third party that you indicate.
In order to exercise some of your rights described above, you can access your My Account or alternatively you can contact our Customer Care or write to the address of the YOOX NET-A-PORTER Data Controller above.
In order to ensure that our users' data is not illegitimately used or infringed upon by third parties, we may ask you for some information to be sure of your identity before accepting your request to exercise one of the rights indicated.
10. Security measures
We protect your personal data with specific technical and organisational security measures, aimed at preventing your personal data from being used illegitimately or fraudulently. In particular, we use security measures that guarantee: the pseudonymisation or the encryption of your data; the confidentiality, integrity, availability of your data as well as the resilience of the systems and services that process them; the ability to restore data in the event of a data breach. In addition, YOOX NET-A-PORTER agrees to test, verify and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures in order to guarantee continuous improvement in the security of processing.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out illegally, you can file a complaint with one of the supervisory authorities responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection.
In Italy, the complaint can be presented to the Italian Data Protection Authority. More information on how to present them is available on the website of the Authority, at http://www.garanteprivacy.it.
12. Changes to this information
Therefore, we invite you to periodically check the contents: where possible, we will try to inform you promptly on the changes made and their consequences.
In any case, the updated version of the privacy statement will be published on this page, with indication of the date of its last update.
Last updated 04/2021